The RV first tested a railbus over its rails in May 1908. The Strang Gas-Electric Car Co. tested its “Irene” over the railroad for two days. In April 1911, the RV reportedly placed an order for six Type C motor cars from the Railway Motor Car Co. of Philadelphia. The cars were manufactured, under contract, by the Buckeye Manufacturing Co. of Anderson, Indiana. The first of the cars were tested on the RV in July 1912. The 100 HP gasoline motor car sat 34 people, possessed a baggage compartment, could be operated from either end, and had a top speed of 45 MPH. Only two cars, Nos. 10 and 11, were ever delivered. Their friction drive transmissions, however, were too inefficient and cumbersome to maintain. They were discarded about 1914. In July 1920, two Kelly-Springfield buses were acquired and outfitted for rail service. They were numbered Nos. 100 and 101. A car barn was constructed in Kenilworth to house them and turntables installed at Baltusrol and Kenilworth, and possibly one at Newark Heights. Their tenure was brief and they were not powerful enough to climb the grade to Summit